Preventative maintenance checklist for your nuclear cameraPosted on: 02.25.16
A preventative maintenance program is the most effective way to keep your nuclear camera operating at its best and address potential issues before they impact your practice. Most often, issues with SPECT and nuclear gamma cameras arise over time and a consistent, comprehensive program will ensure the optimal performance of your system. Additionally, a valid preventative maintenance program is required to satisfy accreditation and regulatory requirements, so it shouldn’t be taken lightly or, more importantly, sacrificed as a way to reduce costs.
What should be covered with preventative maintenance?
A preventative maintenance plan should include a detailed review, both visually and functionally, of the entire system. The following items are what should be checked at each visit:
- Perform a visual review of the camera’s motion
- Ensure that all appropriate parts are properly lubricated
- Verify all limit switches, location sensors, and gears are in working order
- Ensure fans are properly functioning, and filters are free of dust or debris
- Listen for excessive noise, which may indicate the need for replacement
- Look for excessive humidity levels
Image Quality Assurance
- Verify that energy peaks are within the expected range
- Confirm all uniformities are in good condition
- For solid-state systems, ensure pixel maps follow manufacturer’s guidelines
- Check x-ray alignment and attenuation correction, if applicable
- Review checks and balances on the computer to ensure optimum efficiency
- Save all calibration backups to the server
- Perform a final gauge check to ensure there are no other issues
How often should maintenance be performed?
Generally, stationary systems should receive preventative maintenance twice per year, and mobile imaging systems should have a maintenance check at least three times a year. While most practices would benefit most from a contractual preventative maintenance program, many providers also provide on-demand service.
Preventative maintenance programs allow for quicker identification and resolution of camera issues and ensure your system is working at an optimum level at all times. When compared to on-demand service, a preventative maintenance program is less expensive in the long run and can provide you with 24-hour service, technical support, software updates, priority parts, expedited delivery and discounts on labor costs, to name a few.
Are you considering a preventative maintenance program for your camera? We would love to help! Learn more about Digirad’s preventative maintenance programs here.
Digirad Expands Service Contract Options to Support Philips, GE, Siemens, and MorePosted on: 05.13.14
Do you like the idea of a one-stop option for all your medical equipment service needs? Well, so do we! For your convenience, Digirad provides service options to support various cameras from multiple vendors. Our Camera Support team consists of highly skilled service engineers with an average of 15 years of experience on all major vendors’ SPECT equipment. If you are in need of immediate phone support, expedited parts delivery, or an expert service engineer to be onsite quickly, Digirad is your solution.
Which Nuclear Medicine SPECT cameras do we service?
Digirad has service agreement options to support all major Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) cameras including, but not limited to:
- Genesys (single or dual head)
- Millennium MyoSight
- Millennium MG
- Millennium MPS
- Millennium MPR
Sopha Medical Vision – SMV DST-Xli
IS2 – Pulse
Segami – MaiCam
What types of agreement options are available?
Digirad offers a variety of service plans to meet your needs:
- The Full-Service Agreement gives you complete comprehensive coverage for your equipment.
- The Limited Service Agreement provides an economical solution with essential service coverage.
- The Preventative Maintenance solution offers minimal service solutions from a trusted service provider and unlimited technical phone support.
What kind of service will you be receiving?
Our goal of providing high quality exceptional service as needed, when needed, and where needed is the foundation of our Camera Support business. Our dedicated team of experienced service engineers is positioned nationwide to use critical diagnostic skills to quickly and accurately resolve any request without compromise to value and service.
How can I get started?
A Digirad Camera Support team member can assist you in assessing your service needs and guide you to the option best suited to protect your medical asset. Whichever plan you choose, we are committed to supporting you with exceptional service and quality at economical pricing. Request an estimate today!